Wednesday, August 19, 2015
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
|Level: ||Technical - Introductory|
This presentation describes a practical architecture for extending and using FIBO in the creation of financial risk dashboards and regulatory reports from existing data sources.
- Overview of risk data aggregation regulatory requirements in finance
- Non disruptive use of reference ontology for semantic querying of existing systems of record for RDA-compliant reporting (BCBS239) and risk / compliance dashboards
- Use of R2RML compliant wrappers to create SQL queries from SPARQL queries
- How to extend conceptual FIBO: Modeling guidelines for the required reference ontology
- Data strategy considerations e.g. when to stand up a separate triple store for data and when not to
Mike Bennett works with the Enterprise Data Management Council as Director for Semantics and Standards. Mike is the editor and originator of the EDM Council's Financial Industry Business Ontology, a project which is aimed at developing an industry consensus view and standard for financial instrument terms and definitions. Mike has worked on a number of financial industry standards, including the Market Data Definition Language (MDDL) and the FIX message standard, and has sat on ISO committees for the ISO 20022 messaging standard and the corresponding ISO model for securities terms.